Tribal Waste and Response
Waste and Emergency Response and has a broader mandate. Although TSWEAP activities focus primarily on solid waste and solid waste reduction, TWRAP covers additional areas of concern, such as brownfields, contaminated sites, hazardous materials, Underground Storage Tanks, and emergency response programs conducted by Native American communities and Alaskan Native villages. As part of TWRAP activities, ITEP:
- coordinates a national steering committee of tribal professionals,
- conducts the annual Tribal Lands and Environment Forum,
- coordinates the Tribal Superfund Working Group
- has developed the Tribal hazardous Substance Website, and
- puts out Full Circle, a bimonthly newsletter highlighting success stories on Tribal lands, ITEP activities, and announcements
The first online courses to be developed under the Tribal Waste and Response Assistance Program will be focused on Tribal Brownfields' programs.