To enroll in this course and access course content, click the blue "Enroll me" button to the right and log into your account. After logging in, click "Enroll me" again on the following pages to complete the enrollment process.
The Brownfields Tribal Response Program (TRP) Fundamentals course has been developed to provide tribes with an overview of the CERCLA Section 128(a) State and Tribal Response Program funding. After taking this course tribes will have the information needed to request CERCLA Section 128(a) State and Tribal Response Program funds with a draft work plan as described in the current EPA funding guidance. This course is also useful for new brownfields tribal employees to gain a better understanding of the program they are working in. It is recommended that participants complete ITEP’s Introduction to Brownfields online course for an overview of brownfields and tribal examples prior to beginning this online course.
This online course is equivalent to 0.5 CEUs and requires approximately 5 hours of total learning time. CEUs are earned by completing the following course modules; course content is also available on-demand for the casual learner:
- Brownfields 128(a) Tribal Response Program (TRP) Overview
- Technical Assistance to Brownfields Communities
- Brownfields TRP Funding Uses and Cooperative Agreement Terms and Conditions
After completing this online course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and scope of the CERCLA Section 128(a) State and Tribal Response Program (TRP).
- Identify the four elements of a TRP.
- Establish and maintain a public record system.
- Describe the terms and reporting requirements of the CERCLA Section 128(a) State and Tribal Response Program.
- Identify technical assistance and training opportunities.
- Identify possible brownfields sites.
Rachel Lentz, EPA HQ OBLR
Mary Goolie, EPA Region 10
José García, EPA Region 9
Amy Jean McKeown, EPA Region 1
Mickey Hartnett, Kansas State University
Colette Santasieri, New Jersey Institute of Technology
Inacio Dayrit, Center for Creative Land Recycling
- Click Here for Course Navigation Instructions
- Receiving Your Certificate of Completion
- Video: Presenter Introductions
- Q/A and Comments: BF TRP Discussion Forum
- News forum
- Discussion: Introduce Yourself
- 1.1 Reading: CERCLA 128(a) Fact Sheet
- 1.2 Presentation Slides for Video: Brownfields TRP Purpose, Scope, and Eligibility
- 1.2 Video: Brownfields TRP Purpose, Scope, and Eligibility
- 1.3 Presentation Slides for Video: Four Elements of a Brownfields TRP
- 1.3 Video: Four Elements of a Brownfields TRP
- Resources: Four Elements of a Brownfields TRP
- Bristol Bay Native Association Tribal Response Program Handbook
- 1.4 Discussion: Elements 1 through 4 – What can you do?
- 1.5 Presentation Slides for Video: Brownfields TRP Public Record Requirement
- 1.5 Video: Brownfields TRP Public Record Requirement
- 1.6 Activity and Discussion: Locate Tribal Examples of Public Records
- 1.7 Quiz: Brownfields TRP Purpose and Scope
- 2.1 Presentation Slides for Video: Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TABs) Communities
- 2.1 Video: Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TABs) Communities
- 2.2 Activity and Discussion: Identifying Assistance
- 2.3 Presentation Slides for Video: Identifying Tribal Brownfields
- 2.3 Video: Identifying Tribal Brownfields
- 3.1 Audio: Overview of TRP and other BF Funding Options
- 3.2 Presentation Slides for Video: Brownfields 128(a) TRP Cooperative Agreement Terms
- 3.2 Video: Brownfields 128(a) TRP Cooperative Agreement Terms
- 3.3 Quiz: Brownfields TRP Funding Uses
- Brownfields TRP Fundamentals Reflective Writing
- Brownfields TRP Fundamentals Final Exam
- Brownfields TRP Fundamentals Course Evaluation
- Certificate of Completion: Brownfields TRP Fundamentals