To enroll in this course and access course content, click the blue "Enroll me" button to the right and log into your account. After logging in, click "Enroll me" again on the following pages to complete the enrollment process.
This online course provides tribes with post wildfire safety considerations for "Indoor Air Quality" and a how to "Return Safely." This online course is equivalent to 0.7 CEUs and requires approximately 7 hours of total learning time. CEUs are earned by completing the following course modules:
- Module 1 – Wildfire Effects, Monitoring, and Communication/Indoor Air Quality
- Module 2 – After a Wildfire: Indoor Air
- Module 3 – Distribution and Deposition of Wildfire Smoke Residues
- Module 4 – Re-Entry Safety Considerations
- Module 5 – Clean-Up Safety
- Module 6 – (Optional) ACAC Fire and Smoke Damage Certification
The American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) offers a Fire and Smoke Damage Certification as a Consultant, Technician, or Assistant Technician. For those interested in pursuing certification, the ACAC will share the certification process with participants. Including information about the exam, cost, and available on-line prep-course.
- Monitoring Air Quality Index (AQI) during and after a wildfire to make informed safety and health decisions and to communicate risk with your community.
- The composition of wildfire smoke, particle distribution in indoor environments, and how wildfire smoke poses potential hazards on indoor environments.
- The investigation process, sampling, and analytical methodologies used to evaluate smoke impact in and outside of structures.
- The standard of care for cleaning/restoring structures, contents, and personal property to pre-loss conditions and verify the effectiveness of cleaning to prepare for re-occupancy.
- Mansel Nelson, ITEP: Mansel.Nelson@nau.edu
- Alhelí Baños-Keener, Indoor Air and Asthma Coordinator U.S. EPA Region 9: Banos.Alheli@epa.gov
- Kelley Xuereb, Program Analyst U.S. EPA Region 9: Xuereb.Kelley@epa.gov
- James Payne, Environmental Protection Specialist U.S. EPA OAQPS: Payne.JamesJ@epa.gov
- Brad Kovar, President, and CEO of Safeguard EnviroGroup, Inc and IAQprepcourses.com: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a preview of the course content. Enroll to access the materials (see steps above).
- News forum
- Course Navigation Instructions
- Introduce Yourself Here
- Certificate of Completion To receive ...
- 1.1 Video: Wildfire Effects
- 1.2 Video: Evaluating Indoor Air Quality, Monitoring, And Communication
- 1.3 Quiz: After a Wildfire Training: Wildfire Effects, Monitoring, and Communication/ IAQ
- 2.1 Video: Keeping Indoor Air Cool and Clean Part One
- 2.2 Video: Keeping Indoor Air Cool and Clean Part Two
- 2.3 Video: Keeping Indoor Air Cool and Clean Part Three
- 2.4 Quiz: After a Wildfire: Indoor Air
- 3.1 Video: Distribution and Deposition of Wildfire Smoke Residues: Part One
- 3.2 Video: Distribution and Deposition of Wildfire Smoke Residues: Part Two
- 3.3 Quiz: Distribution and Deposition of Wildfire Smoke Residues
- 4.1 Video: Re-Entry Safety Considerations: Part One
- 4.2 Video: Re-Entry Safety Considerations: Part Two
- 4.3 Quiz: Re-Entry Safety Considerations
- 5.1 Video: Clean-Up Safety: Part One
- 5.2 Video: Clean-Up Safety: Part Two
- 5.3 Quiz: Clean-Up Safety
- 6.1 After a Wildfire Training: Information on ACAC Fire and Smoke Damage Certification
- After a Wildfire Reflective Writing
- After a Wildfire Course Evaluation
- Questions or comments about the course?
- Certificate of Completion