Partnerships and Community Outreach provides tribal environmental professionals with tribal-specific tools and resources to engage their community and other stakeholders in the development and implementation of their tribal work plans. Registration for this online course is only $150. This course carries 0.5 continuing education units (CEUs) and requires approximately five hours of total learning time. CEUs are earned by completing the following course modules:
- Importance of Partnerships and Outreach; Stakeholders; and Theories of Public Involvement / Participation
- Public Participation
- Developing Community Involvement Plans
After completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Understand why community outreach is important to environmental management, and explain the value of both giving and getting information.
- List methods and tools for community involvement, and determine which are appropriate in various situations.
- List stakeholders who should be involved in a community outreach effort.
- Develop a community involvement plan for a tribal environmental outreach process.
Sharon Hausam, PhD, AICP, Planning Program Manager, Pueblo of Laguna
Ondrea Barber, Program Manager, Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals
Partnerships and Community Outreach
- Product Code: EM120
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $150.00