Tribal Strategic Planning: Ensuring Successful Development of Your EPA-Tribal Environmental Plan (ETEP) provides tribal environmental professionals with tools and resources to develop tribally specific approaches to strategic planning with tribal leadership, elected officials, governmental agencies, and other organizations when developing your EPA-Tribal Environmental Plan (ETEP) or other Tribal Strategic Plans. Registration for this online course is $300. This course carries 1.0 continuing education unit (CEU) and requires approximately ten hours of total learning time. CEUs are earned by completing the following course modules:
- Concepts of Strategic Planning
- Strategic Planning Process and Actions
- Developing an EPA-Tribal Environmental Plan
- Developing a Work Plan
After completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Define and develop with your tribal leadership: vision, mission, goals, objectives, and activities to implement a strategic plan.
- Define your tribe’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Identify possible impacts of other decision-making organizations and agencies that may affect tribal planning efforts.
- Draft an outline for a strategic plan using relevant templates, tribal examples, existing tribal resources and documents.
- Explain 2013 GAP requirements for EPA-Tribal Environmental Plans and implementation.
- Develop and apply performance measures to planning goals and objectives, ensuring program progress, capacity building, and addressing tribal needs.
- Develop a comprehensive funding strategy with EPA grants.
Ondrea Barber, Former Director for the Gila River Indian Community’s Department of Environmental Quality and Manager for the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community’s Environmental Protection & Natural Resources Division
Sharon Hausam, PhD, AICP, Planning Program Manager, Pueblo of Laguna
This course will be offered again in Fall 2020. Contact email@example.com with questions.
Tribal Strategic Planning: Ensuring Successful Development of Your ETEP
- Product Code: EM201
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $300.00